The University of Maryland Medical Center website was observed to be a website that offered users support on key services provided by the institute as well as access to credible healthcare information (University of Maryland Medical Center, 2010). The website was established as a reliable and credible website.
- The website appeared to be highly professional and had no advertisements. The closest that the website came to selling was through the Our Services link provided at the top of the webpage.
- The website provided users with access to numerous databases pertaining to healthcare, most of which were encyclopedias or guides (University of Maryland Medical Center, 2010). It was evident that the main purpose of the website was to provide a broad view of subjects.
- The website did not offer any significant statement on confidentiality but it was clear that it followed the principles of ethics outlined by the University of Maryland.
- The website constituted quite a significant volume of material for healthcare tips and it is necessary to note that most of the videos available on the website appeared to have been acquired through secondary sources and were not the website’s own productions (University of Maryland Medical Center, 2010). The website however presented clear referrals to secondary sources where data had been taken from them.
- It was observed that the website presented no indication of when it had been updated last.
- The downloading time required to load the website was observed to be quite brief since the website made significant use of pictures but no flash or similar multimedia elements were part of the parcel (University of Maryland Medical Center, 2010).
- The navigation of the website was through links provided at the top and the left of the webpage and was observed to be very user friendly in terms of categorization of information.
- The layout of the website was the simple and neat (University of Maryland Medical Center, 2010).