Whether an essay is a scholarship essay, a class essay or an essay to win a contest, a student may find it hard to gather all the ideas and write it in the most interesting and meaningful way. Although writing an essay might seem tough, follow these steps, one at a time, to write a perfect essay.
- Pick the Topic: Firstly, determine what type of essay do you want to write. Whether your essay writing is to persuade someone, to create an argument, or to provide information. The topic will be in the same accordance. Most of the time, an argumentative essay wins the race in keeping the readers’ interest. Therefore, try to opt for an argumentative one if you are not having a clear idea of what do you want to go for.
- Your Ideas in a List: Organization of thoughts to write a compelling essay easily is mandatory. If you succeed in this step, you are half-way through writing a fantastic essay. Write all the ideas which are in your mind into a paper. Make a connection between all the ideas to create a good flow. Remember to sort the sentences and points in a manner to make it sound perfect. The starting and ending points must be the attention-grabbing ones.
- Your Introduction: You can choose different angles to grab the attention of your reader. This is the first section of the essay a reader looks at. Put all your efforts and creativity to make this part interesting for him. Start with an amazing fact, a story, a quote, or some figures which will be able to compel the reader to keep on reading your essay.
- Body: The body of the essay will discuss all the points that you have listed down. It will elaborate your ideas and inform the reader about the topic you want to talk about. Remember to make a flow between all the paragraphs.
- Conclusion: Review your main points of the essay and give closure. Conclusion usually restates all the main points discussed in an essay. You may restate the thesis of your essay.
Follow the tips as mentioned above to make your essay stand out. You can easily find sample essays online to get help with your assignment.